Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fanime + NCI

pretty coo
Well, it's been a while since I've written a blog post.  Mainly because I've been kinda busy just doing things, but I've been having alot of fun out here in California.  The last time I remember talking about things was Fanime.  Fanime was hella godlike, and there was alot of really fun things to see. I got to meet the majority of the Norcal scene there including ApologyMan, 2Gb, DacidBro, Mike, Pavo, and a bunch of other really fun people.  There was some great times with Chun, Ron, Tone, Daryl, and others and the legend that is Dokapon.  That game is so depressing... I don't believe anyone should ever be subjected to it ever again.  Fanime has the most gdlk game room that I've seen so far at an anime convention.  Monitors are actually lagless, there's a decent game collection and there were alot of people to play with!  Though, Marvel was a pay to play setup which was really sad, but I had alot of good times hanging out with the Norcal scene.  I've also had the opputunity to go to GameCenter quite often.  Myung, the owner of GameCenter, is a really cool guy.  I only wish that GameCenter was more successful than it is right now because it's a great place to hang out with people.  Unfortunately, it's also the only place where I can netplay so that's really inconvenient for trying to play which kinda sucks.  

da bess
I also went to NCI or Norcal Install, a tournament run by Chun at Gamecenter.  It was really fun to particpate in and watch.  I really choked hard in P4A and in Bushido Blade(lol), but it was a good tournament and another wake up call for me.  Since coming to Norcal, I really feel like having the ability to play alot of people truly is what makes west coast such a strong scene.  There's alot of people who are all around this area and training with them and playing with them is really important. Over in Pittsburgh and even back in New Jersey, I rarely got together with people to play and even then, there were points when the level of skill was so difference, I could just auto pilot and not really think to win.  Because of this it's really put me in a very flowchart pattern which doesn't help me at all.  I wish I had more players around my skill level around me and here's a place that does have it and hopefully I'll be able to improve more as a player in the way I think when I play.

mebee teaching :<
In more real life things that have happened, work has been alot more unfufilling than I thought it would be.  I don't really care about what I do, and I don't really have too much fun doing it which kinda sucks to be honest.  The only real thing about it is that I make money and making money is always cool.  But aside from that, I don't find it very interesting.  This got me to think a little more about a future job, and I think I've realized that I don't think I will find a job that I will truly enjoy, at least for now.  I think that I'll just use my job as a way to fund my other hobbies such as gaming and anime, and perhaps start it from there.  I just don't see myself myself enjoying jobs because.... I don't really like working orz.  I just want to get money lol.  And then I can spend all the money for animeeeeeeeeeee.  But real talk, I hope that I can find something that I would like to devote myself to in the future.  I don't know if I can, but we'll see.

agha;dfsljkl
I've also recently played some Marvel with Coopa who plays team Nemo.  It's a really scary team to play against because done correctly, every hit confirms into death.  Playing with Coopa only cemented how lacking my neutral was in general.  I don't cover myself when I play with Magneto on point.  I'm a little better with say Dante, but that's because it's that much more linear.  Dealing with 5A against Nova and Spencer are both really annoying and covering myself with magnetic blast is too important to ignore.  Also my inability to plink dash also hurts alot because I can't approach nearly as quickly or consistently.  I'm not too sure whether it was because I was playing on Sanwa rather than Seimitsu, but that's definitely a possibility.  Either way, I know that my Marvel gameplay is very lacking.  I think I can make it out of my pools, but after that it's completely over and there's no hope for me :<

This past weekend was Anime Expo, probably one of the biggest anime conventions in USA.  I'll probably write a little more about that in a future post, but Evo is also this week.  I'll probably try to write that during the flight over to Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment